[osis-core] references and self-ids Part 1 - Assumptions/statements

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:47:27 -0400

Todd,

> 2) Whether validated or not a reference system defines the set of valid
> references.
> 2) There may be zero or more specific works that are compliant with and
> use a given reference system.

If a reference system is to "define" a set of valid references, how do you
define that system, if not by giving an example?  Are you proposing some
kind of markup that would say exactly what IDs should be there, in what
order,
what sections of the text they refer to, etc?

It seems to me that to define a reference system, one has to specify such
things,
either with markup or with a defining document.

-Harry