[osis-core] references and self-ids Part 1 - Assumptions/statements

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:49:19 -0600

In this posting I was leaving the concept of defining abstract.  A
reference system can be define by a statement such as "the set of
references found in the first printing of X version by Y publisher".
This defines the set of references but does not do anything for
validating them.  It does however provide a discrete set of identifiers
against which an identifier can be checked.

I believe that we should create a mark up syntax that will allow
reference system owners to define the valid set of references and to map
one reference system to another one.  Some discussion has been had on
this topic but has been set aside for now in order to get the basic
version out.