[osis-core] references and self-ids Part 1 - Assumptions/statements

Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:57:50 -0600

I have read through the Patrick's most recent posting as well as several
of the other postings.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page I put together the
following statements with I believe are TRUE and represent our intent
with respect to references.  If you don't believe any of these
statements to be true please post a response.
(I am using the term reference in the broadest sense to mean either self
identification or to mean an external reference that is either work
specific or work abstract.)
1) The simple part of the reference (ex Gen.1.1) has no meaning outside
of the context of at least a reference system.
2) Whether validated or not a reference system defines the set of valid