[osis-core] Proposed works syntax

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:41:26 -0400

Patrick,

I still would like to think just a bit more on osisIDs, osisRefs, osisID
schemes,
etc.

> [suggestion: osisIDType: [workID:]osisID
> I think it is doable, but note that while we can specify values for the
> work portion, validation is not a possibility if you want to use
datatypes.

Yes, good point. However, see Steve's earlier post in which he suggests
that validation may be possible for such constructs.

Either is OK with me, but I prefer a single merged attribute for simplicity.
(Imagine the added complexity of the world if all URLs required two
attributes.)

-Harry