[osis-core] reference systems: my thoughts - issues

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:05:50 -0400

> 2) In the second example above, I referenced
> Bible.NIV:Ps.45.3 from within the Bible.French.LSV.  I don't
> see a way to create a reference to a specific work from using
> a different reference system.  With the other stategy we
> could say Bible.French[Bible.NIV]:Ps.44.3.

If you want to reference Bible.French in the Bible.NIV reference
system, you would need to define

<work workID="LSV">
  <identifier type="OSIS">Bible.French</identifier>
  <refSystem>Bible.NIV</refSystem>
</work>

Since there are transformations from Bible.NIV <--> Bible and
from Bible <--> Bible.French, the system can translate
the references.

Note that if you want to reference Bible.French using two
different reference systems, you'd need two different
<work> elements.

-harry