[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 11 osisRef URLs

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:28:11 -0400

> At 04:31 PM -0400 08/21/02, Harry Plantinga wrote:
> >Hmmm.  Well, no matter how you handle a hypertext link, isn't it
> >semantically different from a reference?
>
> *That* is a really interesting question. Are you saying basically
> that the defining criterion of links is traversal? That's certainly
> reasonable, though it's not the XLink or RDF view. I'm not sure what
> I think on that one.

Well, yes, that's what I thought. I thought a <reference> element means
that the enclosed is a reference or allusion to another document. (It's
up to the processing software what to do with it.) An <a> element is a
hypertext link -- semantically meaning that upon activation I want to
see this other document. There need be no reference or allusion at all.

-Harry