[osis-core] Questions about osisRefs

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:35:13 -0400

At 11:51 AM -0400 08/22/02, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>>3.  I want to refer to Psalm.20 (KJV reference system) of the English
>>    LXX.
>>
>>    [same <work> entry as above]
>>
>>    <reference osisRef="lxx_en(Bible.KJV):Psalm.20">
>>
>I am not certain why the reference system should be in the attribute
>value. Changing your work declaration slightly:
>
><work osisWork="lxx_en" refSystem="Bible.KJV">
>	    <title>Septuagint</title>
>	    <language>en</language>
>	  </work>

That certainly works; you point to the work and the work points to
the reference system. Except that:

If a work supports multiple reference systems, you'd have to
redeclare the work for each

If you want to use a reference system the work doesn't support
(because you know or are willing to risk that a mapping exists),
you'd have no way to do it.

I thought that's why we had the refsys allowed in () after the work
in any reference.....

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net