[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 11 osisRef URLs

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:36:05 -0600

I agree that a <reference> element does not cause text to be underlined.
But we are talking about XML and not HTML.  Even if there were an <a
href="..."/> element that does not mean that is a hyperlink.  It is up
to the schema to define the syntax and for software to treat an element
in XML as a hyperlink.  Hyperlinks for presentation in HTML can be
created in a variety of ways.

The introduction of an <a> element seems to take us into encoding
presentation type information.

I am also not sure what the uses for an <a> element would be.  Can you
help me out here?

Todd