[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 11 osisRef URLs

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:34:56 -0400

At 07:59 PM -0400 08/25/02, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>Steve,
>
>Any problems with Harry's distinction between a <reference> and an
><a> element?

I didn't quite follow why <a> has processing semantics and
<reference> doesn't, unless the idea is that it's kind of like <i>
vs. <emph> -- and <a> is kind of a   hack for one particular
processing semantic. But I'm not sure I have to get it; I don't see a
problem with having both <a> and <reference> -- is the main current
difference the use of osisRef vs. href? Or am I missing something?

>I think Harry has captured the essence of a reference, which may be
>an allusion, reference, even a citation of another work ("The Wars
>of YHWH") for example, to which no osisRef exists. It is still a
>reference and an encoder might be interested in marking all the
>references to such works, whether acessible online or even in
>existence.

that makes sense to me, but in that case how does the target end get
expressed, if <reference> only takes an osisRef?

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net