[osis-core] annotateWork and annotateType

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:07:56 -0400

At 02:48 PM -0600 08/20/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>This indicates to me that the description is out of date and needs to be
>updated to reflect the current understanding.  As recently as 8/18 (see
>the post from Troy) osisRef was removed as an attribute from
>globalAttributes for various reasons (see earlier posts) based on the
>fact that the same behavior could be achieved using <reference> as I
>outlined in the earlier post.
>
>(There are also earlier posts related to this use of <reference>.)
>
>The question is not whether this is a proper use of <reference> but if
>annotations have a different structure requires a special structure.  I
>thought that an annotation was reference to an whole work and not to a
>point within the work and that is why we needed a special structure.
>(This may bring up the issue of how we create a reference to an entire
>work or reference system.)

Why would annotation be a reference to a whole work? I don't get why
that would be useful except in rare cases.

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net