[osis-core] annotateWork and annotateType

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:26:45 -0400

Todd,

The description of the reference element is this:

include XLink/XPointer syntax in a later OSIS release. At present it
marks the location of a reference in one text to another, whether direct
(like citation/quotation) or indirect (such as an allusion), along with
the reference/pointing mechanism in this release.</p>

In such cases, there is not really a reference or an allusion to another
text -- it's something different, it's a sermon on that text, a
commentary on that text, a poetic rendering, etc.

-Harry