[osis-core] annotateWork and annotateType

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:31:46 -0600

> Harry,
>
> Harry Plantinga wrote:
>
> >After adding annotateWork and annotateType references,
> >we got into a big discussion about where to put work
> >identifiers, osisIDs, etc., which resulted in the current
> >approach.
> >
> >However, annotateWork now identifies the location in a
> >work, not just the work itself.  Would it be better
> >named something like annotateRef, since it is of type
> >osisRef?
> >
> Comments? I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but do think
> Harry's point is an important one.

I am still not clear on what annotateWork is for.  Harry can post an
example?

If the annotated work could be put in a work/refSystem element in the
header then referenced that would seems better to me.  Would this still
leave annotateType as an attribute?

What happens when there is more than one annotateWork for a single
element or is this not possible?

> >Also, I recall seeing the attribute name "bohu" in some
> >message some time ago, but I don't recall what it meant.
> >I find that it suggests nothing to my mind except perhaps
> >the sound made after a minor injury to a child's knee.
> >What does it mean, and is that the best name?
> >
> Sorry, sysadmin type humor. Re-Read Genesis 1:2 (in Hebrew) tohu bohu,
> without form and void, sort of insider humor that I complain about in
> the TEI Guidelines. Guilty as charged!
>
> Suggestions for a more meaningful (and appropriate) attribute name?

Still not clear on what this attribute is for.

> Patrick
>

> >-Harry

Todd