[osis-core] annotateWork and annotateType

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:22:09 -0400

Harry,

Harry Plantinga wrote:

>After adding annotateWork and annotateType references,
>we got into a big discussion about where to put work
>identifiers, osisIDs, etc., which resulted in the current
>approach.
>
>However, annotateWork now identifies the location in a
>work, not just the work itself.  Would it be better
>named something like annotateRef, since it is of type
>osisRef?

Comments? I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but do think
Harry's point is an important one.

>Also, I recall seeing the attribute name "bohu" in some
>message some time ago, but I don't recall what it meant.
>I find that it suggests nothing to my mind except perhaps
>the sound made after a minor injury to a child's knee.
>What does it mean, and is that the best name?

Sorry, sysadmin type humor. Re-Read Genesis 1:2 (in Hebrew) tohu bohu,
without form and void, sort of insider humor that I complain about in
the TEI Guidelines. Guilty as charged!

Suggestions for a more meaningful (and appropriate) attribute name?

Patrick