[osis-core] annotateWork and annotateType

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:06:47 -0400

> I am still not clear on what annotateWork is for.  Harry can
> post an example?
>
> If the annotated work could be put in a work/refSystem
> element in the header then referenced that would seems better
> to me.  Would this still leave annotateType as an attribute?
>
> What happens when there is more than one annotateWork for a
> single element or is this not possible?

We wanted to make it possible for an element to say
"I am a commentary on Matthew 1:1-6", "I am a versification of
Romans 8:28", "I am an outrageous screed on Genesis 1", "I
am a translation of Augustine's Confessions".
To do so, you add a "work" element for the work being
annotated, giving it an internal ID, such as "conf".  Then
you can say

or so.

Thus, the proposal that it might be clearer to say

In the current DTD it is not possible to have more than
one annotateWork and annotateType for an element. You can of
course nest.

-Harry