[osis-core] Candidate (with truly ugly regex, but validates)

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:41:24 -0400

>Looking at <verse> element at this point.
>
>What are the roles of the attributes "osisWork" and "osisRef".  I
>thought that we got rid of them.  "osisWork" is ambiguous and redundant
>related to the values in osisID.  What every "osisRef" would be used for
>should be accomplished with a <reference> element.

Think you are correct about osisWork (actually an optional part of osisID).

osisRef is used by the <reference> element since we don't define how to
use XLink/XPointer in the syntax.

>There was discussion that also that "annotationWork" and
>"annotationType" could be served as a child <reference> element with the
>"type" attribute of "annotation" and a "subtype" of whatever would have
>been put in the "annotationType" attribute.

Can you say a little more about what this would look like? I seem to
remember the discussion but can't picture it at the moment. What sort of
child element? A local one?

>I do not see segID to go along with prev and next, with it absent there
>is no reliable values to put in prev and next.

Doesn't the named milestones (start/end) with matching osisIDs and
splitIDs take care of that? (I will generate documentation a little
later today and try to go  through it with a fine tooth comb. Will also
post it to the list.)

>osisIDType needs to be a list of osisIDTypes as shown below.
>
><xs:simpleType name="osisIDType">
>	<xs:list itemType="osisIDPrimativeType"/>
></xs:simpleType>
><xs:simpleType name="osisIDPrimativeType">
>	<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
>		<xs:pattern
>)?))"/>
>	</xs:restriction>
></xs:simpleType>

Why do I need the list? That was obscure even for me! ;-)

Thanks!