[osis-core] NSAB?

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:28:58 -0700

On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 06:40 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Actually I need to put in the list from the SBL Handbook, which has
> everything from ASV to WEYMOUTH listed as modern versions. Full list is
> as follows:
>
> ASV
> WEYMOUTH
>
> Need to add GNT (not sure why they choose such a confusing name but
> there it is)

GNT is the Good News Bible right?  This was listed in the SBL list as
both GNB and TEV.  GNB should be omitted since that is the marketing
name for printed editions, not the name of the translation itself, which
is "Today's English Version".

I'm not sure of the value of the SBL Handbook's list.  It's not very
exhaustive and it's very Anglo-centric.

The handbook also lists "ancient texts, text types and versions":
Byz
Copt
LXX
MT
Syr
TR
Vulg

and "modern editions":
BF2
BHK
BHS
NA27
UBS4
WH

> What is the DRC?

Douay-Rheims, Challoner Revision -- the chosen Catholic Bible

> Tried to avoid that requirement but to have any validation of
> milestones at all, needed ID/IDREF and that means the leading
> underscores. Sorry.

That's fine by me.  It would have been nice if we could have avoided
this, but it's not a huge problem.

I'm in the midst of updating our older sample docs and should have them
validating against OSISCore 1.0 early this evening.

--Chris