[osis-core] NSAB?

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:40:06 -0400

Chris,

Thanks for the catch!

Chris Little wrote:

>The latest OSISScripture file includes Bible.NSAB.  Is that supposed to
>be NASB?
>
>It's unclear to me why these are even being listed since the
>(Bible((\.[\w]+){1,})) would catch all these various Bible reference
>work IDs.  If they are important for some reason we should add the NRSV
>(since it carries distinct versification), DRC, and RV (since we will be
>producing them as demos for next week).

Actually I need to put in the list from the SBL Handbook, which has
everything from ASV to WEYMOUTH listed as modern versions. Full list is
as follows:

ASV
CEV
GNB
GOODSPEED
JB
KJV
LB
MLB
MOFFATT
NAB
NASB
NAV
NEB
NIV
NJB
NJPS
NKJV
NRSV
PHILLIPS
REB
RSV
RV
TEV
WEYMOUTH

Need to add GNT (not sure why they choose such a confusing name but
there it is)

What is the DRC?

>Also, all Bible book names beginning with numbers are still prefixed by
>an underscore.  I thought we didn't have to do this anymore.

Tried to avoid that requirement but to have any validation of milestones
at all, needed ID/IDREF and that means the leading underscores. Sorry.

I will crank out the 1.0 version with the names as listed, say after
lunch if you can confirm the abbreviations.

Thanks!

Patrick