[osis-core] Last Minute Changes???

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:29:59 -0400

Guys,

1. Target attribute on <w>

I spoke with Troy in the UK this morning and he pointed out that we
don't have a linking attribute that allows the synching of a word in a
text with another source. This is not XLink or href but something for
software applications to use in mapping a word in a translation to
Strong's or similar references.

Suggestion is to add target attribute to <w> to hold such a synching
attributes.

Todd suggests that we declare a simpleType:

<xs:simpleType name="target">
    <xs:list itemType="targetType">
</xs:simpleType>

With another simpleType:

<xs:simpleType name="targetType">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
        <xs:pattern value="(([\w].)+..([\w].)+)" />
    </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

So that we can suggest that the reference generally should be structured
with the work followed by double full stops ".." followed by whatever.

2. annotationGroup and translationGroup in <div>

Troy has been visiting with the Wycliff folks in England and is
concerned about the suggested solution of surrounding verse milestones
with <p></p> in order to get phrase level markup.

If we extend to that (for example to accomodate languages that may not
use <p></p> as expected, then the proposed solution would break
stylesheets written after we loosen the content model.

My gut reaction to #1 is that we should use the first simpleType, but no
real preference on the second.

The more I think about #2, I think we may need to go for a looser
content model now and tighten up, for publishing modern texts for
example, later.

I would really like to tell the translators that we have finally gotten
this to bed, so early and often on emails and phone calls (678-625-0995,
or 678-625-0404) would be appreciated.

Todd: can you check the regex?

Troy: any problem with using the double full stop as a delimiter?