[mobile-devel] [And Bible] Pocketsword's maintainer mode and applicability to AndBible

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:35:38 MST 2011

Hi Peter,

I haven't got an iPhone so maybe somebody with one could correct or confirm
my understanding, but I believe the iPhone is totally locked down and
therefore this special 'maintainer' facility to manually install modules is
required, whereas Android is totally open so you just plug in a usb cable
and drag modules into sdcard/jsword using a standard file manager app
(Windows Explorer).

For fonts we should really associate languages with particular fonts and
download them from a server automatically, but they also would be downloaded
into a folder which might also be manually populated using a file manager
and usb cable as above.

Kind regards
Martin