[mobile-devel] Release update & new build

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:57:34 MST 2011

After further testing and fixes I have built another release candidate -
AndBible-0.4.00rc2.apk<http://and-bible.googlecode.com/files/AndBible-0.4.00rc2.apk>
.

Here is a summary of the fixes in this build.

*Android Version Support*
Enhancements to JSword uncovered an enum related
bug<http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2497> affecting
Android 1.6 so Android 1.6 can no longer be supported.  Since there are only
2 And Bible users on Android 2.0 and no available testing environment only
Android 2.1+ will be supported from now.

*Button Presses and History Shortcut*
>From Android 2.0 Google switched to handling button presses onKeyUp (not
down) so I have now conformed.  Google also added support for long-presses
e.g. long-press-home brings up an application list.  I have added support
for long-press-back which now brings up the History list (I think you will
like this).

*Other*
Some fixes to Search selection via history and to button text size on
tablets were also made.

Hopefully I can do a proper release in a day or two if no more bugs are
found.

Kind regards
Martin