[mobile-devel] Updated French translation for and-Bible

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 07:59:40 MST 2010

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for offering to do a Polish translation of the user interface.  You
can see the current translations under this
folder<http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FAndBible%2Fres>
in
the dirs named values-?? and there is currently no Polish translation of And
Bible ui but the Polish users would appreciate a localised ui.  To create a
Polish translation you can download
strings.xml<http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/source/browse/trunk/AndBible/res/values/strings.xml>
and
translate the text inside the xml tags and e-mail the resulting file to this
mailing list or direct to me.

If you wish to there are also a couple of other files which could also
usefully be translated the contents of which often appear in the ui i)
arrays.xml<http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/source/browse/trunk/AndBible/res/values/arrays.xml>
contains
the 3 currently supported module types and ii) the section names are in
UserMsg.properties<https://crosswire.org/svn/jsword/trunk/jsword/src/main/resources/org/crosswire/jsword/versification/UserMsg.properties>which
are from JSword.  You will notice that UserMsg.properties is a
properties file and the others are xml files.  The portion of
UserMsg.properties to the left of ' = ' should not be translated.

I have attached current versions of the 3 files for your convenience.

This is well timed as I am planning to do a build of And Bible soon for
checking and then a further build a few days later with some minor changes
and fixes for release on wider channels.  It would be great to include a
Polish localisation.

Best regards
Martin