[jsword-devel] PersonalJava version of JSword

Aleksander Rozman - Andy jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:49:21 +0100

At 1/5/2004, you wrote:

Hi !

I am Andy and I will try to answer that for you, you will get more detailed
info from Joe.

JSword uses quite a lot of libraries, you would have to have place for all
of them (about 5M, maye little less) , and of course you would need osis
classes (1.2 Mb) and of course JSword.

You would probably have to rewrite jsword.view.swing.desktop... Here is
most of the GUI. You would probably have to use awt or special graphical
classes, right? I think that quite a lot of code would have to be rewriten.
You must keep in mind that bible is very big about 3mb compressed... We
could rewrite application to use text files (only this) so some of code
would not be needed and most of libraries (which deal with xml), osis would
also not be needed.

It would be quite some of work...

Should be intersting.

You will get more detailed info from Joe, since I am quite new and I don't
know where everything is, yet...

Andy