[jsword-devel] PersonalJava version of JSword

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:12:30 +0000

Currently we officially support 1.4 although the downgrade to 1.2 would
be fairly easy, especially if you didn't want the swing interface.

Going further back to 1.1.8 would be easy but for collections.
We used to have a scheme where we would import java.util.* and the 1.1
port of collections (used to be d/l from Sun, link from the infobus
pages, but I can't find it now)

I also don't know about XML under PersonalJava, so I'll assume there is
a compatiable equivalent of JAXP for the time being...

Ignoring collections, jaxp and the ui, it feels like a fairly small job,
but I suspect that ignoring jaxp is quite a big jump.

Joe.