[Ichthux-devel] The purpose of IchthuX

Wed May 18 10:39:20 MST 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 09:04 pm, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I think you've painted it in rather dramatic overtones.  PitP can be
> included along with Ichthux the CD, it just cannot be included in
> Ichthux CDD.  It's a subtle but important difference.

OK, fair enough.

> But I'm curious as to how you see Debian and the social contract as
> being at odds with grace and with bringing God glory.  It's just a
> tool for maintaining the integrity of Debian, and it does just fine at
> that.  It should not be tossed out so lightly.  Debian provides a
> strong foundation with strong community support for Ichthux itself.
> Start taking pot shots at the social contract, and you'll undermine
> the best chance we have at succeeding with Ichthux.

I actually don't see it as being at odds with grace, I just think this is
something that should be discussed. If the Debian social contract is indeed
the way to bring God the most glory, then by all means let us do it. If it is
not, then let us find what will. I do not mean to take pot shots at the
Debian social contract, merely foster discussion about what our purpose is
and the best ways that we can go about achieving that purpose.