[Ichthux-devel] The purpose of IchthuX

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Tue May 17 22:37:38 MST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 22:04:39 -0300
Ben Armstrong <synergism at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you've painted it in rather dramatic overtones.  PitP can be
> included along with Ichthux the CD, it just cannot be included in
> Ichthux CDD.  It's a subtle but important difference.
>
> But I'm curious as to how you see Debian and the social contract as
> being at odds with grace and with bringing God glory.  It's just a
> tool for maintaining the integrity of Debian, and it does just fine at
> that.  It should not be tossed out so lightly.  Debian provides a
> strong foundation with strong community support for Ichthux itself.
> Start taking pot shots at the social contract, and you'll undermine
> the best chance we have at succeeding with Ichthux.
>
> Ben

David,

I agree with Ben on this.  I am perfectly happy to see PitP included on the
CD, even if it is not "official" Debian.  I do stand by the Debian social
contract, especially since I don't believe in using proprietary software (my
personal preference, anyway). Since PitP 2.0 can be freely redistributed,
and since it can be included on the CD, that is for the best- at least for
now. My initial problems were due to my lack of experience with Debian and
the DFSG. Now that I have a little better understanding, I'm fine.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/