[Ichthux-devel] Background for Ichthux-Live "Valenciana"

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:47:02 MST 2005

Hi all,

Spent my evening working on "Valenciana" again... I renumbered it 0.5 since
I eventually modified some packages included in it, and some settings.

1) I added the ichthux repository (http://ichthux.free.fr/debian) to the
sources.list so ichthux packages could be installed and can be updated while
using the live CD
2) I installed ichthux-console and ichthux-kde packages. This only added
verse for ichthux-console and kio-sword for ichthux-kde, since other
programs were already installed. Kio-sword is thus now usable on konqueror
when using ichthux-live.
3) I removed the tr and ja languages support so as to gain space and add the
catalan language support for kde, since the congress is taking place close
to catalogna (thanks Daniel for the idea, as I said I would only do it if I
was to recompile the CD).
4) I changed the kde splash to the new bootsplash
5) I modified the knoppix-autoconfigure script so as to define what a
catalan boot must be (there is still a bug with the country though, as it
sets it to Canada ... stupid me ...)
6) I installed the new background (Daniel I added the white background for
crosswire back...) and isolinux splash and settings. I modified the splash
with flags so people easily find what to type to get the CD run in their
language...
7) I installed the new index.html file translated to spanish. I'm thinking
of having it also in a few other languages, if you feel like translating it
before soon, and maybe add links to launch the main caracteristic programs
of the CD (bibletime, kio-sword under konqueror, etc...)

Here are some screenshots from a boot with language set to catalan (to test
it ;)) : http://ichthux.free.fr/snapshots/0.5/

I'll now have to burn some on CD (maybe 10 or 20) so I can take them as
demos to Valencia.

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.org
http://raphink.multiply.org