[Ichthux-devel] Software to Include

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:49:31 MST 2005

Raphaël Pinson <raphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> After I play with Ichthux a bit, I'll consider writing one of those
> "Mastering This OS" books. ;) I picked up a tip from the OOo marketing
> team. They take advantage of a thing called "Book Crossings", where they
> take books to a gathering (usually at a local library or someplace), and
> discuss the OOo books. It can't be used as a sales tool, but used
> appropriately, is a a great way to spread the word.

I've been a bookcrosser for more than a year now (although not active at all
lately) and the webmaster of the french bookcrossing mirror. There is one
group that would be interested in "spreading the word " through bookcrossing
imo, which is the Christian BookCrossers group on yahoo =>
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CBXers/ . Haven't posted there for ages, but I
know some of the people on the group. That might be a very good idea indeed.
We used to 'spread ideas' using BookCrossing sometimes with BCers friends in
France.

That's one reason I'm doing PitP in Print - It's an excellent tool for
> spreading the word about FOSS and the Christian FOSS community. For
> Christians, PitP would be great to have out in view when your home
> fellowship group meets, or something like that. Likewise, a decent book on
> how to use Ichthux would go a long way. Right now, I'm considering it -
> not
> promising.

Well, when Ichthux is ready to be used that is ... As so far it's only a
live CD and very basic meta-packages ...

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.org
http://raphink.multiply.org
Ichthux - http://www.ichthux.org - Christian Linux Distribution