[Ichthux-devel] Software to Include

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Mon Apr 25 09:46:30 MST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:17:36 +0200
Raphaël Pinson <raphink at gmail.com> wrote:

Warning:  I'm not sure how this message will look in the end, as Sylpheed
seems to be hiding the text of most e-mail lately.  I won't go into detail,
but it makes reading/responding to e-mail kind of interesting at times.

Lyricue's developer is on the Linux 4 Christians list, and has helped (at
least) one of the guys over there.  Freely lists some decent applications,
but you'll likely have to hunt through the forum posts.

CHADDB needs a front-end developer.  I've not been in contact with the guy
who was developing a Java front-end in some time.  I'm not a very good
project lead, I'm afraid.  I think I'm more interested in back-end designs
and writing.

After I play with Ichthux a bit, I'll consider writing one of those
"Mastering This OS" books. ;)  I picked up a tip from the OOo marketing
team.  They take advantage of a thing called "Book Crossings", where they
take books to a gathering (usually at a local library or someplace), and
discuss the OOo books.  It can't be used as a sales tool, but used
appropriately, is a a great way to spread the word.

That's one reason I'm doing PitP in Print - It's an excellent tool for
spreading the word about FOSS and the Christian FOSS community.  For
Christians, PitP would be great to have out in view when your home
fellowship group meets, or something like that. Likewise, a decent book on
how to use Ichthux would go a long way.  Right now, I'm considering it - not
promising.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist