[Ichthux-devel] Software to Include

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:17:36 MST 2005

Hi Don,

I have begun to create meta-packages for ichthux yesterday (see
http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=ListOfPackages ).
Therefore I am in the process of thinking of what apps to include in ichthux
now.

I think this must be discussed now.

So far, here are the packages I've began (to be completed) and the ones I
think we should plan (including all the infos as it appears on
http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=ListOfPackages ).

 ichthux-kde
Source: ichthux-kde
Section: kde
Maintainer: Raphaël Pinson <raphink at ichthux.org>
Standards-Version: 3.6.1.1 <http://3.6.1.1>

Package: ichthux-kde
Architecture: all
Depends: kio-sword, bibletime
This package includes a collection of programs for christians which are
built for KDE. A KDE desktop is not required in order to run these. They are
kept separate merely so that installing an Ichthux system won't drag in all
kinds of KDE dependencies. As such, this package is by no means a complete
collection of programs suitable for christians in KDE. The Ichthux project
will be adding to this list in future releases, and likely refining the
package into categories the way the rest of Ichthux packages are now
organized.

 ichthux-gnome
Source: ichthux-gnome
Section: gnome
Maintainer: Raphaël Pinson <raphink at ichthux.org>
Standards-Version: 3.6.1.1 <http://3.6.1.1>

Package: ichthux-gnome
Architecture: all
Depends : gnomesword
Description : Ichthux for Gnome
This package includes a collection of programs for christians which are
built for Gnome. A Gnome desktop is not required in order to run these. They
are kept separate merely so that installing an Ichthux system won't drage in
all kinds of Gnome dependencies. As such, this package is by no means a
complete collection of programs suitable for christians in Gnome. The
Ichthux project will be adding to this list in future releases, and likely
refining the package into categories the way the rest of Ichthux packages
are now organized.

 ichthux-console
Source: ichthux-console
Section: doc
Maintainer: Raphaël Pinson <raphink at ichthux.org>
Standards-Version: 3.6.1.1 <http://3.6.1.1>

Package: ichthux-console
Architecture: all
Depends : bible-kjv, bible-kjv-text, verse
Description : Ichthux console programs
This package includes a collection of programs for christians to be run in
console. The Ichthux project will be adding to this list in future releases,
and likely refining the package into categories the way the rest of Ichthux
packages are now organized.

* Planned packages *

 ichthux-student
Would contain programs for bible study : bibletime, gnomesword.
See the possibility of packaging the main sword modules so they are
installed automatically into /usr/share/sword/ by this meta-package

 ichthux-community
Would contain programs for churches : Lyricue (? - package fails to install
on sid), ChurchInfo?<http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=ChurchInfo/edit>(to
be packaged) /
InfoCentral?<http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=InfoCentral/edit>,
CHADDB (when release available).

 ichthux-doc
Would contain a documentation about the ichthux project. Could also install
PenguinInThePew?<http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=PenguinInThePew/edit>
.

I think the Freely project and L4C could help us a lot here, no propose new
apps to include. It seems there will also be a great work of packaging some
apps that are not packaged yet.

God bless

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.org