[Ichthux-devel] Software to Include

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Mon Apr 25 01:42:20 MST 2005

Have y'all throwin in Lyricue, ChurchInfo, CHADDB, any of these projects yet?  You're also welcome to the first edition of Penguin in the Pew - available from matheteuo.org.  Lyricue displays lyrics on wall screens.  Probably a better choice than Impress - not that Impress won't work.  ChurchInfo is one of a few projects taking up where InfoCentral is leaving the PHP trail for Java.  CHADDB is merely a back-end, but is easily accessed from OOo via JDBC (or ODBC).  I used JDBC, since it seemed easiest.

You might refer to the GNU Believers article on Newsforge for other interesting apps/links, etc to include with Ichthux.  Just a few things for us to think about.  Including the Slavic/English Bible app from GNU Believers article will help with the international appeal.  PitP 2.0 will be available within the next couple of weeks through Lulu.com, and is released under a share-alike Creative Commons license.  I've included the Ichthux project in the Guide to GNU/Linux distros at the back of the book.  Unfortunately, I don't have time for another screenshot for the book.

And two other points:
(1) I like the current logo on the website (pertaining to the other thread)
(2) Change the word "magic" to "miracle" on the FAQ page (re: How does it run without being installed?)

Just a few thoughts. :)

Blessings,
Don
--