Fwd: [Ichthux-devel] Artwork

Ben Armstrong synergism at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 09:32:14 MST 2005

On 4/23/05, Raphaël Pinson <raphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm like Jonah's big fish? ;)
>
>  I think it might not be easy at all to include both a fish and a pinguin in
> the same pic...
>  Either people will imagine the penguin chasing the fish, or it's a big fish
> eating the penguin people won't like the idea at all (this would be
> agressive...).
>
>  Since I believe linux might not last long anymore (I hope Hurd is gonna be
> released soon enough), why not use a gnu and a fish?

Hah, sure.  The Hurd will be released Real Soon Now. :)

But seriously, if you consider Ichthux + Debian, and the fact that
Debian isn't *just* Linux, (and yes, that does include the Hurd,)
that's another argument against the penguin.  But I have never really
liked the Gnu.  It doesn't really scale well, for one thing.  Think
icons.  The current Ichthux fish on the wiki is fine.  If you wanted
to throw Debian in the mix, use the swirl in there somewhere.  But I
don't see any pressing need to do so.

Ben