Fwd: [Ichthux-devel] Lost Ichthux & the Cartoon Jesus

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:17:19 MST 2005

Contrast this approach with Linspire's. They intentionally obscure

> what's underneath. They want to be the sole provider of everything to
> the Linspire user, and are not interested at all in the user going
> "upstream" for help.

Yes I'm aware of this, although Linspire went so far that they don't even
call the apps by their true name (rather : Linspire dekstop for KDE,
Linspire browser for Konqueror, Linspire messenger for Gaim), which is a
shame.
The goal would obviously not be (as it seems to be for Linspire) to deny the
motherhood of Debian in the Ichthux distro, but only to make it easier fot
basic users. Now if you say your experience with basic users lead you to
make a special menu, I trust you :)

Raphaël