[bt-devel] BibleTime Flatpak

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:56:31 MST 2018

On 10/23/18 11:23 AM, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> I have created a flatpak for BibleTime 2.11.2. This was somewhat
> driven by the fact that ubuntu 18.10 ships BibleTime 2.11.1 with Qt
> 5.11.1. Due to a bug this combination does not work at all.
>
> Details
>
> The flatpak can be found on flathub.org which is the main repository
> for flatpaks.
>
> https://flathub.org/apps/details/info.bibletime.BibleTime
>
> Be sure to follow the "setup guide" before downloading the BibleTime
> flatpak.
>

> Build details:
>
> The control file for flatpak builds is "info.bibletime.BibleTime.json"
> found in this git repository.
>
> https://github.com/flathub/info.bibletime.BibleTime
>
> Any commit to this repository triggers a new build. This should only
> be used for stable releases. I believe it is setup so any BibleTime
> team member has access to it.
>
> So, are there any volunteer testers before this is announced widely? I
> have tested it on kubuntu 18.04/18.10, Fedora 28/27, and arch.
>
> Gary

The main issue I found right off the bat is when I go to:

Configure BibleTime -> Desk -> Standard works

I cannot set Inverted Strongs Real Hebrew/Greek foor the Hebrew/Greek
Strong's lexicon like I can in the normal install of BibleTime.

I am using ubuntu 18.04 for this.

Also, (probably to be expected) I cannot use my currently installed
Bibles/Dictionaries/etc...  If these two issues could be resolved that
would make the flatkpak much nicer, and usable.  I require the use of
the inverted Hebrew extensively for my particular usage.

--
Regards