[bt-devel] BibleTime Flatpak

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:48:18 MST 2018

Israel,

On 10/23/18 1:56 PM, Israel wrote:

> The main issue I found right off the bat is when I go to:
>
> Configure BibleTime -> Desk -> Standard works
>
> I cannot set Inverted Strongs Real Hebrew/Greek foor the Hebrew/Greek
> Strong's lexicon like I can in the normal install of BibleTime.

The purpose of setting a strongs greek/hebrew lexicon in the Standard
Works is so that the MAG window knows what work to use for displaying
Strongs references. Since the InvStrongsRealGreek, etc. do not use a
numeric Strongs reference as their key, they cannot be used for lookup
in the MAG window.

There was a bug (#132) that allowed the Inv... works to be set in the
Standard Works. It did not work when this was done.  This bug was fixed
in BT 2.11.1 and later. So, this was not a  flatpak issue.

> I am using ubuntu 18.04 for this.
>
> Also, (probably to be expected) I cannot use my currently installed
> Bibles/Dictionaries/etc...  If these two issues could be resolved that
> would make the flatkpak much nicer, and usable.  I require the use of
> the inverted Hebrew extensively for my particular usage.

Since flatpaks are confined (run in their own file space) they don't
like to share files with other programs. The effective HOME directory
for a flatpak BibleTime is $HOME/.var/app/info.bibletime.BibleTime .
That directory must be there and contain .bibletime and .sword. However
you can create a symbolic link from your real $HOME/.sword to that
location. Then the works would be shared.

Gary