[bt-devel] BibleTime Mobile

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue May 27 06:52:57 MST 2014

Scott,

Just a quick reply to you as I am getting ready to go to work shortly. I
will reply to Daniel later today.

There is a menu to adjust the size of user interface text. It has a
default size, but you can adjust from there. It sounds like the default
is to large on your phone and caused the text to be truncated. There is
a separate menu to adjust the text size for the document. It seems I
need to set the default text size lower when the pixel density is lower.

Thanks for the report.

Gary

On 05/27/2014 03:27 AM, Scott Thomas wrote:
> [...]
>
> Scott
>

> On May 26, 2014, at 9:48 PM, Daniel Owens <dcowens76 at gmail.com
> <mailto:dcowens76 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>>
>> I installed it successfully on my Sony Erickson (Android 4.1, I
>> think). I discovered I had to enable installation of non-marketplace
>> apps. After that it was easy, though the first screen was a little
>> confusing. I eventually worked out that I needed to tap on the upper
>> right corner, but enabling the right button to open the menu might
>> help that. I have no idea how standard that is on Android phones, but
>> I have always felt it was an advantage over the iOS devices, which
>> have only one button.
>>
>> The interface looks good. I like the continuous scrolling a lot! The
>> idea of multiple windows is unusual for a mobile device, but I like
>> the concept a lot since I often switch between languages. It would be
>> nice if you could swipe left or right to switch between windows.
>>
>> I did encounter a couple of problems. Every time I open the Bookshelf
>> Manager, the screen is garbled. When I pull on it a little, the
>> screen repaints and is clear. The other thing I noticed is that
>> feedback when I tap on things is delayed significantly. I do not know
>> if that is because my phone is old (late 2011), but I found myself
>> pressing buttons multiple times.
>>
>> Related to languages, I hope you enable add the ability to change
>> fonts to enable reading in Greek and other languages. I have not
>> checked on Hebrew yet, but Greek is missing characters, I think.
>>
>> Overall a fantastic beginning!
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On 5/26/14, 12:29 PM, Gary Holmlund wrote:
>>>
>>> I have been working on a alternate frontend for BibleTime that works
>>> well on Android phones and tablets. It is called BibleTime Mobile.
>>> Some features are:
>>>
>>>   * Open Bible, Book, Commentary, Cult, Daily Devotional, and
>>>     Glossary windows
>>>   * Scroll through the entire document continuously.
>>>   * You can open multiple windows and set the window arrangement
>>>     mode to either single, tabbed, or splitting the view
>>>     horizontally, vertically, or both.
>>>   * Adjust the font size of user interface text while looking at UI
>>>     elements as they change.
>>>   * Adjust the font size of document text while looking at at the
>>>     document.
>>>   * Install works from any of several internet sources.
>>>   * Saves state of windows when you quit and restores them when
>>>     starting.
>>>   * Search multiple works at once.
>>>   * Internationalization is ready but no translations have been done.
>>>
>>> I would like to get some feedback about it. If you have a android
>>> phone or tablet version 3.0 or higher, it should run. I have done
>>> all my testing with a Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet with android
>>> version 4.4.
>>>
>>> To install it:
>>> 1. Change your Settings, Security, Unknown Sources to allow unknown
>>> sources.
>>> 2. Download the apk file from
>>> http://sourcearchives.com/bt/bibletimemobile.apk