[bt-devel] BibleTime Mobile

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue May 27 19:16:35 MST 2014

Daniel,

See my answers below.

On 05/26/2014 06:48 PM, Daniel Owens wrote:
> Gary,
>
> I installed it successfully on my Sony Erickson (Android 4.1, I
> think). I discovered I had to enable installation of non-marketplace
> apps. After that it was easy, though the first screen was a little
> confusing. I eventually worked out that I needed to tap on the upper
> right corner, but enabling the right button to open the menu might
> help that. I have no idea how standard that is on Android phones, but
> I have always felt it was an advantage over the iOS devices, which
> have only one button.
It seems that some android phones have a menu key on the right. Mine has
a "recent apps" key there, so I can't test this. I would like to add
code to support the menu key, but I just discovered that there is a Qt
bug preventing this.

> The interface looks good. I like the continuous scrolling a lot! The
> idea of multiple windows is unusual for a mobile device, but I like
> the concept a lot since I often switch between languages. It would be
> nice if you could swipe left or right to switch between windows.
I will look at using a swipe to switch windows. You can set the Window
Arrangement to show tabs for each window. I can use up to 4 tabbed
windows on my Nexus 5 phone. More on the Nexus 7 tablet.

> I did encounter a couple of problems. Every time I open the Bookshelf
> Manager, the screen is garbled. When I pull on it a little, the screen
> repaints and is clear. The other thing I noticed is that feedback when
> I tap on things is delayed significantly. I do not know if that is
> because my phone is old (late 2011), but I found myself pressing
> buttons multiple times.
I have not seen the garbled screen, but I have noted the slow response
in the Bookshelf Manager. I will look further into this.

> Related to languages, I hope you enable add the ability to change
> fonts to enable reading in Greek and other languages. I have not
> checked on Hebrew yet, but Greek is missing characters, I think.
Noted. I will add font change to the TODO list.

> Overall a fantastic beginning!
>
> Daniel

Thanks very much for the report.

Gary