[bt-devel] Bible Application for Mobile Devices

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 19:09:59 MST 2013

?????,

I would like to explore how we could work together on this project. I am
glad you are interested in a QML version. It seems that it can provide
the best experience for mobile devices.

I have a window manager that can handle multiple windows in either
tabbed or tiled modes. It could also be made to switch to a single
window mode. This would probably be able to look similar to your QML
prototype. With these modes it could work with smaller screens such as
you describe and with larger tablets.

I have installed Mini on my Nexus 7 tablet. The install manager looks
good to me and probably works better on small screens.

Since Mini is currently based on QWidgets, a QML version would be mostly
a new implementation, right? Mobile is only partly implemented. So I
could see either evolving Mobile or starting over and pulling parts of
Mobile that we like. If it is called Mini or Mobile is not important to
me. I am interested in it eventually being as full featured as BibleTime
Desktop, but that would be well after the first QML release.

I also feel that it should be in the same repository as BibleTime Desktop.

I would be interested in knowing more about how the builds on various
mobile platforms have be worked out. And also about building Sword and
other dependencies.

Gary Holmlund