[bt-devel] Bibletime 2.9.1-1 crash at startup (was: Re: Bibletime 2.9.1-1 packages uploaded to developer-testing PPA )

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 26 12:00:21 MST 2011

On 12/26/2011 05:09 AM, Barry Drake wrote:

> Having sorted out that problem, I am still left with the bug that I
> reported in the earlier version.  To recap, BibleTime works just fine
> with a couple of modules installed in my home directory, but when I use
> sword.conf to add the path to a sword directory on a storage drive
> containing upwards of 140 modules, I get a spasmodic crash on startup.

Can you point it to a different (empty) directory on the external drive
without problems?  If you can, you can then add modules to that new
location until the problem returns, and so (hopefully) eventually narrow
down exactly which of the 140+ modules is causing the issue.

This one looks more like a SWORD or module issue than a packaging issue,
to me, so it is one I am less able to help with, but if you can narrow
it down to one module rather than 140+, that would be a big help!

As a nice side effect for you, if you discover which module is causing
the issue and do not use that module very often, you could temporarily
remove that one module, and so be able to use BibleTime with all 139+
others until a fix is found :)

Jonathan