[bt-devel] Bibletime 2.9.1-1 packages uploaded to developer-testing PPA

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 26 06:09:41 MST 2011

On 25/12/11 00:12, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> That is why I asked for details on exactly how bibletime 2.9.1-1 was
> installed, and on exactly what bibletime-related packages we had on
> Barry's machine. Clearly, something didn't go right, but apparently it
> isn't just that "the new packages don't have the right files in them"
> -- it might be some kind of user error during the installation, or
> there could be a bug in my packaging.
Having sorted out that problem, I am still left with the bug that I
reported in the earlier version.  To recap, BibleTime works just fine
with a couple of modules installed in my home directory, but when I use
sword.conf to add the path to a sword directory on a storage drive
containing upwards of 140 modules, I get a spasmodic crash on startup.

I've now managed to get this crash under gdb and the backtrace is as
follows:

This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/bibletime...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/bibletime
[New Thread 0xb2205b70 (LWP 1981)]
[New Thread 0xb18ffb70 (LWP 1982)]

0xb5604cea in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb5604cea in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0xb588a1e0 in sword::SWMgr::augmentModules(char const*, bool) ()
    from /usr/lib/libsword.so.8
#2  0xb58898ee in sword::SWMgr::Load() () from /usr/lib/libsword.so.8
#3  0x0812829a in
CSwordBackend::initModules(CSwordBackend::SetupChangedReason)
     ()
#4  0x080c8f15 in BibleTime::initBackends() ()
#5  0x080bbd42 in BibleTime::BibleTime(QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>) ()
#6  0x080b7cb0 in main ()
(gdb)

I'll be happy to re-try with a debug version if someone wants to send me
a binary.

God bless,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/