[bt-devel] New Windows Development Version

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat May 29 17:47:16 MST 2010

See comments below.

Gary

On 05/29/2010 05:56 AM, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> I had a little play with it.  A few comments:
> 1. My bookname language appeared to default to Afrikaans (either that
> or else when I looked at the configuration it changed it to that).  I
> presume Afrikaans is the first in the list of languages, but it
> probably shouldn't be the default.
I can't reproduce that behaviour. I do seem to remember that a problem
like this occured with an early development version before any of our
final Windows releases. I don't remember the exact details, but there
was an extra file installed in a location that caused sword to not work
right with book languages.  If you installed an early version like that,
I encourage you to delete your c:\Program Files\BibleTime directory and
reinstall BibleTime.

> 2. When I changed my bookname language back to English (to one of the
> two American Englishs listed), the bookmark titles remained Afrikaans.
>  I would expect them to have switched to English.
I agree this would be the desired behavior. I am not sure that it will
be easy to get it to do this.

> 3. When I drag a reference below other references inside a folder, it
> still puts the reference outside that folder.  I have to actually
> hover over the folder to get them in the folder.
When I drag a reference down from the last bookmark in a folder, I see
the arrow indented to the level of the last bookmark. If I release then,
the bookmark will go into the folder. If I move slightly further down
the arrow moves left indicating that the bookmark will be put outside
that folder. I think it is working correctly.

> 4. When I move a bookmark into a folder, rather than just moving there
> it pops up a menu.  I don't know about Linux, but for Windows this is
> completely unexpected behaviour (drag = move.  If you really want
> copy, that's Ctrl-drag).
I have seen one other cross platform program that did this. Most do the
Ctrl-drag for copy. It may be unexpected, but it is obvious what it is
doing. If you did not know about Ctrl-drag, you would probably never
discover it. I would like opinions from others about this.