[bt-devel] SWORD install path configuration problem on Windows

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Jan 31 07:03:46 MST 2010

I recently installed BT for a friend on a WinXP machine. He had
installed The SWORD Project for Windows earlier but haven't done any
configuration or module installation. BT found the starter pack modules
from the SWORD installation and in the Bookshelf Manager there were two
installation paths: the Allusers profile and the user profile. I didn't
actually check which one was in use but we installed some modules. It
seemed to work correctly, but the modules wasn't shown after that, not
even after a restart.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to see if the modules were actually
installed and where. My own Windows laptop is right now in another use,
so I can't test the same procedure with it. But the problem is a major
bug for Windows users and I would appreciate if someone could test this
scenario:

Install the BibleCS starter pack.
Install BibleTime.
Check which install paths are shown in the BT Bookshelf Manager and
which one is chosen.
Install a work.

Does it work? Does it work with another install path chosen? Or if you
add install paths?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland