[bt-devel] BibleCS / BibleTime on Windows

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Feb 13 00:53:00 MST 2010

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Gary Holmlund wrote:

> This seems reasonable. I believe it all of it except the on/off of the
> private path is possible just using the sword.conf file. I have not had
> a chance to look at SWMgr in detail. Was the change you had in mind for
> SWMgr related to controlling all of the paths? Does it have any other
> advantages?

The backend (=swmgr) is so complicated that when I found a new problem I
have forgotten an older one. I think I had a reason to not use
sword.conf at all. One might be that if the DataPath doesn't have a
valid path (one with existing mods.d/ dir) the whole file isn't used at
all. This is stupid IMO but that's how the default system works.
Therefore we should either write complicated code to put a path with
mods.d/ always in DataPath or not use sword.conf at all. I also feel
that it's not useful at all to use ~/.sword/sword.conf because other
applications don't use it, and if they use, we might mess things up for
them, because they could use it differently. There just doesn't exist a
way to configure the paths freely AND co-operate with other frontends at
the same time.

> I have also been working on the MDI toolbars. This turned into a bigger
> task that I originally thought, but I am about 75% done on it. I am
> thinking I should finish this first.

We are not in time for 2.6 anyways. I tried to design the first-time
module installation helper screen but couldn't figure out a decent logic
for the use cases, UI and code. I'm still trying to do it for 2.7.
Otherwise I could continue with this task. Let's see how it goes.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland