[bt-devel] Search indexing crashes Bibletime

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 29 21:26:34 MST 2009

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> I am finding that I crash whenever I do a search. The search prompts
> to create an index to which I respond yes. I then see the following
> on stdout/stderr:

> bibletime: symbol lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol:
> _ZN6lucene8document5FieldC1EPKwS3_i

> I am running on Ubunutu 8.0.4 on amd64.  liblucene0ldbl version 0.9.20-1
> is installed.  I am running Bibletime 2.2 with Sword 1.6.

I'll see if I can duplicate this (my first quick try had the search
working fine, ub Ubuntu 8.0.4.3 amd64, in a VirtualBox VM).  I generally
create indexes as soon as I install modules, from within the Bookshelf
Manager (Open the Bookshelf manager, install a few modules as desired,
then click on "Search Indexes" on the left, and then on Create... and it
will index all modules that don't yet have indexes).

It might be worth seeing whether you get a similar problem if you index
SWORD modules this way, as well as the "just in time" method you have
been using.

In case it matters, my quick initial test for this is to install just
the KJV module, and then search for Enoch (why?  I don't really now...
perhaps because Enoch is easier to spell than Melchizedek ?!).

So we can check we're running the same software: running

  lsb_release -d ; uname -a

produces

Linux hardy-amd64 2.6.24-24-generic #1 SMP Sat Aug 22 00:30:49 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux

and

 dpkg-query -W biblet\* libclu\* libsword8 libqt4\*

produces

bibletime	2.2-1~hardy1
bibletime-data	2.2-1~hardy1
bibletime-i18n