[bt-devel] Search indexing crashes Bibletime

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Sep 30 03:47:34 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 21:26 -0700, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > I am finding that I crash whenever I do a search. The search prompts
> > to create an index to which I respond yes. I then see the following
> > on stdout/stderr:
>
> > bibletime: symbol lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN6lucene8document5FieldC1EPKwS3_i
>
> > I am running on Ubunutu 8.0.4 on amd64.  liblucene0ldbl version 0.9.20-1
> > is installed.  I am running Bibletime 2.2 with Sword 1.6.
>
> I'll see if I can duplicate this (my first quick try had the search
> working fine, ub Ubuntu 8.0.4.3 amd64, in a VirtualBox VM).  I generally
> create indexes as soon as I install modules, from within the Bookshelf
> Manager (Open the Bookshelf manager, install a few modules as desired,
> then click on "Search Indexes" on the left, and then on Create... and it
> will index all modules that don't yet have indexes).
>
> It might be worth seeing whether you get a similar problem if you index
> SWORD modules this way, as well as the "just in time" method you have
> been using.
>
> In case it matters, my quick initial test for this is to install just
> the KJV module, and then search for Enoch (why?  I don't really now...
> perhaps because Enoch is easier to spell than Melchizedek ?!).
>
> So we can check we're running the same software: running
>
>   lsb_release -d ; uname -a
>
> produces

> Linux hardy-amd64 2.6.24-24-generic #1 SMP Sat Aug 22 00:30:49 UTC 2009
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> and
>
>  dpkg-query -W biblet\* libclu\* libsword8 libqt4\*
>
> produces
>
> bibletime	2.2-1~hardy1
> bibletime-data	2.2-1~hardy1
> bibletime-i18n
> libclucene0
> libclucene0ldbl	0.9.20-1
> libqt4-assistant	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-core	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-dbus	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-designer	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-gui	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-network	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-opengl	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-script	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-svg	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-test	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-webkit	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libqt4-xml	4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
> libsword8	1.6.0+dfsg-1~hardy1

<snip>
Indexing a single work (KJV) from the Bookshelf Manager produces the
same problem:

lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol:
_ZN6lucene8document5FieldC1EPKwS3_i

jsullivan at jaspav:~$ bibletime
bibletime: symbol lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol:
_ZN6lucene8document5FieldC1EPKwS3_i
jsullivan at jaspav:~$ lsb_release -d ; uname -a
Linux jaspav.missionsit.net 2.6.24-24-generic #1 SMP Sat Aug 22 00:30:49
UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
jsullivan at jaspav:~$ dpkg-query -W biblet\* libclu\* libsword8 libqt4\*
bibletime       2.2-1~hardy1
bibletime-data  2.2-1~hardy1
bibletime-i18n
libclucene0
libclucene0ldbl 0.9.20-1
libcluceneindex0
libqt4-assistant        4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-core     4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-dbus     4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-designer 4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-dev
libqt4-gui      4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-network  4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-opengl   4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-qt3support       4.3.4-0ubuntu3
libqt4-script   4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-sql      4.3.4-0ubuntu3
libqt4-svg      4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-test     4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-webkit   4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libqt4-xml      4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
libsword8       1.6.0+dfsg-1~hardy1

Looks like we're very close except for a few extra packages I have
installed.  Thanks - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation