[bt-devel] Bookshelf troubles and wishes

Jaak Ristioja Ristioja at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:44:01 MST 2009

Hi Martin!

> I have a problem with the bookshelf. When using the "Category/Language"
> grouping, I see all categories correctly. But in the first category (daily
> devotionals in German) most modules are put, while in the other categories
> there is only one language and one module.
> For "Category" grouping, things are messed up as well. Modules are not
> correctly sorted by category.
> "Language/Category" is broken at the category level as well.
> "Lanugage" is broken too.
> "No Grouping" works. =)
>
> I'd consider these points bugs, can you please fix them?
Superfly also reported this bug. Unfortunately for some unknown reason I
have been unable to reproduce this bug on my machine. But this is still
one of my top priorities for BibleTime.

> 2 Feature requests:
> - Can you please enable 1-click folding/unfolding in the tree?
This is a difficult one. Single-click expanding/collapsing is possible
and quite simple to implement, however it will interfere with check
boxes if these are shown. I think the 2 best ways to solve this are as
follows:

1) Showing all [+] and [-] controls for expanding and collapsing items
(including root items; QTreeView::rootIsDecorated). These controls in
front of tree items have desired the "single-click expand/collapse"
functionality. Clicking on the item itself will still have the "select"
functionality.

2) Enable the single-click functionality only for root items when
checkboxes are hidden. The rest of the items will still have the [+] and
[-] controls for single-click functionality. When check boxes are shown
the [+] and [-] controls for the root item must also be shown, and
clicking on the root item itself will only select it.

If you have any other good ideas, please contribute. Personally I prefer
the first solution I just proposed in case Single-click is a must-have,
although it will take some more screen space.

> - Is there a possibility to filter the tree? I'd love to have a filter box above
> the tree where I can just enter a few characters to get to the desired module
> as fast as possible. Just like in KMail's folder tree, it has a filter too.
Sure. Do you want that QLineEdit left or right of the buttons on top of
the bookshelf view in main window?

Blessings!
Jaak