[bt-devel] Questions about BibleTime for windows

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:03:21 MST 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen <
eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:

> > - Would it be possible to put the application directory on a USB stick
> (U3)
> > that does not require installation?
>
> Should be with little work - unless msvc files are fixed to a location
> where they are installed with the installer. Maybe we just have to
> change the default conf/module directory locations. But I know almost
> nothing about U3 (and hate it because it's Windows only).

The msvc will be a problem. I believe you are using the VC90 runtime
redistributable, which requires administrator rights to install on a system
and needs to be installed to work at all.

It is possible to make this work without using the redistributable (using
what Microsoft calls xcopy deployment of the runtime) but it isn't always
that easy.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,