[bt-devel] SVN code versioning scheme and Windows packages

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Oct 25 01:02:06 MST 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Matthew Talbert wrote:
> The bug was/is in SWORD, not Xiphos :), and it's still there....
> Unless you patch SWORD yourself, you'll have the same problem(s).
> Frankly, it's impossible to cover all scenarios. None of us at that
> point had access to localized versions of Windows, which is where the
> problem presented itself. So, it was embarrassing, but I'm confident
> that no amount of testing could have helped us solve a problem with
> systems we'd had no exposure to. And for what it's worth, BibleTime in
> Karmic didn't have icons the last time I tried :)
>
> Matthew

Thanks for clearing up, and sorry if I spreaded FUD :) Luckily my point
is still valid, namely that we must be very careful with the first
releases (and that BT will surely have bugs!)

Can you point us to the discussion about that specific issue? Maybe we
have more power together...

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland