[bt-devel] The unicode path issue in SWORD/Windows

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 28 05:54:20 MST 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Matthew Talbert wrote:

> The bug was/is in SWORD, not Xiphos :), and it's still there....
> Unless you patch SWORD yourself, you'll have the same problem(s).
> Frankly, it's impossible to cover all scenarios. None of us at that
> point had access to localized versions of Windows, which is where the
> problem presented itself.

I think I found out what this what, I just had forgotten. See
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2009-April/031411.html.

It prevents using BibleTime on Windows where the SWORD installation path
(or some other paths relevant to us?) has non-ascii characters. Is there
any new information about this? Has Troy done something?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland