[bt-devel] Updated Windows Build

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:20:46 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:
>

>> The problem is a crash at the end of installing a module. It is only
>> happening in the release build and not the debug. If you restart after
>> the crash the module is there.
>>
>> I plan to look at this further tomorrow.
>>
>> Gary Holmlund
>>

> I just experienced this in Linux, but in debug build, and started the
> research. Let's communicate if we find something. It may be thread
> related and therefore hard to catch.
>

>   Yours,
> 	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
> 	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)

Eeli,

I got a crash that looks like it is related to the install thread. The
call stack does not have any BT functions involved,
but it looks like a QMutex is being used after it was deleted.

Call Stack
QtCored4.dll!QMutex::lock()  Line 152 + 0x3 bytes    C++        // crash
here
QtCored4.dll!QThreadPrivate::finish(void * arg=0x01f9a2c8, bool
lockAnyway=true)  Line 320    C++
QtCored4.dll!QThreadPrivate::start(void * arg=0x01f9a2c8)  Line 309 +
0xb bytes    C++
msvcr90d.dll!_callthreadstartex()  Line 348 + 0xf bytes    C
msvcr90d.dll!_threadstartex(void * ptd=0x01f83e50)  Line 331    C
kernel32.dll!_BaseThreadStart at 8()  + 0x37 bytes

void QMutex::lock()
{
    Qt::HANDLE self;

    if (d->recursive) {       // crashed on this line. It looks like the
                              // "this" pointer is not valid.

Gary