[bt-devel] Updated Windows Build

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Oct 24 02:38:36 MST 2009

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> I got a crash that looks like it is related to the install thread. The
> call stack does not have any BT functions involved,
> but it looks like a QMutex is being used after it was deleted.
>
> Call Stack
> QtCored4.dll!QMutex::lock()  Line 152 + 0x3 bytes    C++        // crash
> here
> QtCored4.dll!QThreadPrivate::finish(void * arg=0x01f9a2c8, bool
> lockAnyway=true)  Line 320    C++
> QtCored4.dll!QThreadPrivate::start(void * arg=0x01f9a2c8)  Line 309 +
> 0xb bytes    C++
> msvcr90d.dll!_callthreadstartex()  Line 348 + 0xf bytes    C
> msvcr90d.dll!_threadstartex(void * ptd=0x01f83e50)  Line 331    C
> kernel32.dll!_BaseThreadStart at 8()  + 0x37 bytes
>
> void QMutex::lock()
> {
>     Qt::HANDLE self;
>
>     if (d->recursive) {       // crashed on this line. It looks like the
>                               // "this" pointer is not valid.

I believe this may be a bug in our code. Could you attach the BT debug
text?  Does it say "QThread: Destroyed while thread is still running"?
It would also be important to know what exactly you were doing, i.e. how
many modules installing, did you cancel any, did this happen after all
was done... Sorry to ask these basic questions :) And also for the other
crash you mentioned.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland